Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wow!

I made my "pate" for my Nori rolls already.. it's so good I can hardly believe it!

I used 2 C soaked raw almonds, 2" knob fresh ginger peeled, 1 large clove garlic finely chopped, juice of two lemons, 3 T Nama Shoyu, 3 T Gold hot sauce (from Oriental Mkt - it's sort of sweet and hot - not raw) and maybe 3 T water (kept adding a bit as I needed).. I blended it all in my VitaMix and REALLY needed the plunger. 

This stuff is freaking insanely good!  (this is a double batch for us, enough for 4-5 Nori rolls.)



Oh I have been forgetting to post my food..
today I had:

2 Apples for breakfast
1 Cup cherries about 2 hours later
1/3 Honeydew melon about an hour later
2 large Corn/Zucchini/Sunflower/Jalapeno crackers for lunch (with a handful raw walnuts)
about 1/3 C above mentioned Pate after I finished making it (had to force myself to cover it and put it in the fridge!
another corn/zucchini... etc, cracker later
Nori roll with above mentioned pate (one full roll/8 pieces) with an apple for dessert later

I tend to eat every 2-3 hours.  Not a ton of food at a time but during the day it just seems to be what my body needs. 

I also wanted to write about a new book I just got in.. It's "The Live Food Factor" and I have not really even got a chance to start it, just skimmed thru and WOW, this has got to be the largest Raw food book I have ever seen.. It's Biblical proportions!  Seriously! over 700 pages.  I think I made the right decision buying this bad boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment