Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beautiful Sunday Morning!

I have been playing around with my photo program.  Green is my fav color now so I had to play up the green in this sunrise photo.  I could spend hours playing in photoshop!

I am feeling fair this morning.  I am still having nausea from time to time. I noticed when I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom that I felt slightly nauseated. I don’t think I am drinking enough water.. I am going to drink much more today.  I am also still feeling like sh*t at night. I had another headache last night. I wonder too still if this is because I am not drinking enough water.. will see tonight. I will measure my water and drink it out of the SmartWater 20 oz bottles.. I will go for at least 120 oz today. I am also thinking I will fast until say 3pm.. Patrick will sleep till 11 or so and won’t really be hungry until 2-3 so I can then just make a huge bowl of cantaloupe/honeydew for us when he gets hungry.

I just realized I bought all the stuff to make Raw lasagna a few days ago and have to make that tonight! I just put in my nuts and seeds to soak. I had planned on DH and I going to a Raw potluck meeting today with the Orlando group but I am always lately feeling so yucky later in the day that I begged off… they don’t meet until after 5pm and by then I am feeling like freaking crap lately. It seems my detox symptoms get worse the later it gets.
I am still having sinus yuck and pressure. Last night I used my neti pot twice and it seemed to help each time but after about an hour it would come back. I know in the long run this is good (detox) and I am welcoming it but I sure can’t believe how long it’s been going on.  (today will be six days).

I am thinking of a couple of fasts until dinner time next week. I think I handle that better than an entire day and night fast.
I have to say how excited I am! I have noticed my clothes fit much better (I need to lose about another 90#, so 10# lost does not really show that much yet on my body) but my clothes are more comfy and I am really looking forward to looking and feeling better. I have several things in my closet that I have bought over the last couple of years as "motivational" pieces and one of them is this beautiful rich golden brown velvet "jeans style" jacket with embroidery on the back.  I can't wait to just be able to throw that on and walk out the door.. I bought it because it will look amazing with a pair of jeans. 

I am afraid of our credit card bill when I get this weight off because I used to be clothes crazy! I actually got into designing jewelry to go with all my clothes!
I am writing down my water today.. so far I am up to 40 oz.. I am thirsty! I really hope it helps my sinus yuck and headaches.

Oh and this is the Raw Lasagna I am making tonight:



(Pix from the amazing Raw Model website:  http://rawmodelcom.blogspot.com/  )

It is best to plan and start this the day before, soak nuts and seeds (cashews only need a 2 hour soak though). You can use whatever nuts/seeds you like of course. This has three sauces and they are layered between thinly sliced (I use a vegetable peeler) zucchini ribbons:

Raw Ricotta:

1 C soaked cashews
1 C pumpkin seeds *see note below re: soaking pumpkin seeds
2T star nutritional yeast
2 T lemon juice
1 T seasalt
1 T water (may need more)

Basil Pesto:

½ c pine nuts
2 C basil
¼ C olive oil (sometimes I leave this out and use a little lemon and water instead)
sea salt
Black pepper

Marinara sauce:

1 C tomato
1 C sundried tomato
2 T balsamic
2 T red wine
pepper
1-2 cloves garlic (vein removed)
2 dates
½ C lemon juice
dulse (or salt)
½ teaspoon cayenne


*Hulled (out of shell) Pumpkins are a very quick crop. They soak for only an hour and are nutritional dynamos at that point. They don't store long, but they taste so good that that isn't usually a concern. Do not try to grow them longer or store them more than a day or so - they just don't do that.

We consider these “soaks” as opposed to sprouts. From the TOTALLY AMAZING SPROUT PEOPLE SITE: http://www.sproutpeople.com/seed/print/pumpkin.html


Directions for Raw Lasagna:

Mix up three sauces (can be done ahead of time and put in the fridge).  I use my VitaMix.  It's especially good for the tomato based sauce as you don't soak the sundried ones ahead of time.. it's what gives the sauce a thick, creamy consistency.

To assemble:
Layer 2 layers of zucchini directly on the plate you are going to serve it on. I do a criss cross pattern

Add a layer of Ricotta, more zucchini noodles, layer of pesto, more noodles, layer of Marinara, more noodles, repeat and top with dusting of ground pistachio and pinenuts (I like ending with Marinara then ground pine nuts).

I wanted to also comment on the above recipe for the Marinara. I make this often just by itself and add 1/3 cup of soaked cashews and only use one date and NO Lemon juice.. add an extra splash of wine and Dulse flakes and a little water. This is BEYOND GOOD on kelp noodles or any spiraled veggie for noodles. I like a mixture of yellow summer and zucchini squash as my noodles.. I use the spiralizer and make them angel hair thin..  This simple sauce over veggie noodles has been a staple for us this last couple of weeks. 

I will be weighing again in about a week.. still can't believe I have lost almost 11 pounds in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment