Sunday, September 19, 2010

30 days RAW!

I have been doing very well on Raw.  I started Raw on Aug. 21st so today is 30 days!  Wow I just added that up.  I am so proud of myself.  This is incredible. 

Photobucket

I have been mostly 85-99% with a couple of days I ate cooked vegan that came in around 60% raw still.  I can't believe it has already been 30 days.

I have lost 12 pounds and I have been eating lots of nuts and seeds and avocado.  Lots of fruit and green smoothies and gourmet Raw occasionally.  I have made things in the dehydrator (concentrated calories with seeds and nuts).. I am so very fulfilled with my food.  I have never gone hungry and I have lost 12 pounds! 

I have plans for the future.  I want to do a juice feast.  I want to eventually do 30 days but I am going to start with 5 (thru the week).  I am not sure when but soon.  I also am considering adding a one day a week fast.  Not sure yet, just considering.  It's very important to my constitution that I don't get too radical too quick.  I have a very all or nothing nature and it's easy for me to get crazy carried away and I don't want that.  I want to continue this metamorphosis in a calm and easy fashion. 

In all honesty I would love to just fast for days but I know I will have a rebound effect from that.  I used to have binge eating problems and have even seen it appear a few times on Raw.  I had issues one day with raw muesli and also with cantaloupe.. just couldn't stop eating it until I ate the whole thing.. Yes it's healthy food and no I didn't gain weight but the mental aspect is still the same... loss of control.  So it's important that I keep it slow and easy and no extremes.. that turns into diet mentality for me and it's not safe.

A few fun things.
I can certainly tell a difference in how my clothes are fitting.  I wish that 12# would make a large difference on my body like it would someone smaller, but I am pretty heavy so 12# does not really make a huge difference.  I still need to lose maybe 80-90#.  I weigh 213 and am only 5' 4".   In all honesty I could probably still lose 100 pounds but I think I am shooting for around 130.  This girl likes to have a little arse and hope to keep some of my boobs!  I like curves on my body. I like curves on all women's bodies. I don't understand the fascination with boyish bodies.. "model" bodies. To me, HONESTLY it is not attractive.

On the clothes front:
I have these old Victoria Secret flannel shorts.  They are so cute.  They are lavender and have cherubs on them.  They are an XL and have always been snug.  This morning they slipped right on effortlessly.. even quite big in the waist.  I just smiled this huge smile.  I can't wait until I can wear clothes I really love and they just slip on and I feel good in anything.  Finding flattering clothes when you are large is a bitch. 

I want to be able to look good in anything.  I know for sure I will be a clothes whore.  I was when I was younger.  It's going to be bad.  I will be making up for too much lost time... like 15 years.  God bless my credit card.  It's gonna be painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment