Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Today is a Fasting Day...

Well down another pound and a half from my last weigh-in!  Still doing 95% raw and for the last three weeks I have been having lemon water in the AM (been having a hot water in a teacup with fresh lemon juice).  DH and I normally have a cup of coffee each AM in bed before starting our day, it's sort of a ritual for us.. it's actually a long draw espresso that I make us each AM - we take a half hour or so to spend waking up and talking before the hectic day has to start..

Since going Raw I have been doing the hot water with lemon instead of my coffee.  NOT saying I will totally ever give up coffee (we do use organic) but right now I am concentrating on detoxing my bod so no coffee.

Today I woke up and felt like I could fast so I decided spur of the moment to have a fast day… actually I think I was thinking about it last night because I was not hungry for dinner, I had eaten a heavy fatty (but still RAW) meal of an entire avo and two of my zucchini/corn/nut/seed crackers.. I was still full at 8pm so decided to just skip dinner and started thinking I might be able to get in a fasting day today so there it is. 

So far it's been easy (it's 1:30pm my time).  I plan on breaking my fast at 8am so that will be a 40 hour fast.  That has to be good for me. 

I can't believe how in control my appetite is.  Up until a month or so ago I had serious craving issues and problems with occasional binge eating.  It’s ALSO incredible to me that I actually started my period today without much in the way of cramping AND no crazy hunger. I am in awe. Normally when I start I have known a week ahead of time because my hunger gets way over the top.
I ate totally raw yesterday, here is my food:

-Hot water with lemon
-Raw Waldorf salad (soaked raw walnuts, raisins, apples, celery and juice from a lemon).  For the dressing I used soaked raw cashews, salt, a date and 1/3 C water.  This was a really good breakfast and DH loved it.
-More soaked walnuts and almonds and cashews snack
-SW Flax crackers (2)
-DH and I split the water and meat from a young coconut for another snack (we are loving these!)
-2 SW Flax crackers and a whole avocado

(I think one of the reasons I was not hungry for dinner was the high fat day! ).  It's amazing to me that I can lose weight eating that much fat. 

Since I am fasting today I am taking it easy.. reading and lounging mostly. I did do some business this morning, (have a home based business) but only worked a couple of hours. Making sure that I am drinking lots of water also today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s 2pm now and I am actually a little chilly.. which is strange as it’s 78deg in the house (I usually have to have it at least 75 to not be burning up here in central FL). It’s like 98deg. Outside.
I wanted something hot to drink so I made some of my Genmai Cha reen tea ( “Genmaicha is a traditional Japanese green tea. The lovely vegetal green flavor, indicative of Japan's steaming process, is balanced by the nutty flavor imparted by the roasted rice. The combination becomes and earthy tea that is soothing to the soul.”)

http://theteaspot.com/genmaicha-green-tea.html
Something about this tea makes fasting easier for me. I really like it. Normally I add a touch of stevia to it but when I am fasting I don’t want any sweet flavor at all so I don’t use stevia then. I have sort of an obsession with coffee and tea and tea cups! Drinking tea is such a ritual to me. I think having a lovely teacup set and nice sterling demitasse spoons make it special and it feels like such a treat that when I am dieting or fasting it’s especially nice.  I think these little things are important and really can help.  I also really like blossoming tea. 

I am feeling a bit hungry.. not anywhere like I normally would though.  I have had a tiny rumbling in my stomach a couple of times but I am good.

I am reading blogs about fasting and cleansing and detox today too, they keep me motivated.  I know that I might need a nap later, will see.

Will post more as the day goes on.

Normally when I fast it's the night time that is a BITCH and I have never fasted more than 3 days in a row.  I do think I will do a few days in October.. you know.. OCTOBERFAST.. instead of OCTOBERFEST!.. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment