Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pattern Emerging...

Well there seems to be a pattern here. I do great all day and then at night I am so used to a heavy cooked meal that my body is really being awfully insistent. (or is it my mind?). I know my body does not NEED this heavy meal and I need to develop some kind of coping thought or something to help me when night falls.

I need to think about the fact that I am so freaking overweight my body does not need to be bogged down with heavy cooked food EVERY night!  (This is HighRaw tough.. not 100% so I know I will have a cooked meal here and there but I have to stop the every night I think).  I think I need to have a RAW PLANNED DINNER more often.

I think waiting around and just thinking about dinner at 6pm does NOT WORK! I need to have it already figured out and maybe even started.  I spent some time online this morning and found something I am making tonight (with a few tweaks using what I have in the house).  I got my truly Raw almonds and walnuts in yesterday!  I quickly put about 2 cups of almonds in water to soak over night and I am sprouting them today.  (or at least I think they will sprout?).  I am making Ginger/Garlic/Almond paste to use in veggie Nori rolls for dinner!

DH and I went to this huge Oriental mkt in downtown Orlando and while I was there I got Nori sheets and some sweet pickled ginger (whole) that I am going to slice up for the side.  I have carrots and celery and red bell and some other veggies I am going to slice up to add to rolls and I have some arugula that I will use.

I saw a video by Ani Phyo on Youtube and this is what gave me the idea...




I have pretty much everything I need except bean sprouts so I will just use thin slivers of several of the veggies I have.. I will try to remember to take a pix tonight when they are finished.

Back to my "pattern"..
I do think I am doing fair though. I am not going to kick myself about the cooked food cravings. I have got to get more educated about my options and know that this is going to be lots of trial and error. I admire people that go 100% overnight but that’s just not me. I have so many issues with food and think I am doing pretty good taking all that into consideration. I am certainly detoxing (diarrhea, cramps, maybe even back ache is sort of detox symptoms) and maybe the cooked food is keeping me from feeling like total hell on wheels.

I will be working up to more raw.. I would like to be 100% soon and am looking forward to my transition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had two apples for breakfast and have been drinking Perrier (pamplemousse!) and I love this stuff.. It's a splurge but it has got me off COKE!!! It's worth it to me so I have to keep it in the house.

I am saving the bottles too. I recently saw a really cool garden edging done at my good friend D.'s house using wine bottles pushed in upside down to make the edging. I loved and and think these green large Perrier bottles would look very cool too!

Oh and I WALKED! It's been months I think. I walked Suki (my puggie) and then myself. I walked for only about a half hour but I will work up.

More later~

No comments:

Post a Comment