Thursday, September 30, 2010

Magnificent!

My friends all think I am a freak because I love Mornings!
It's something about renewal I think.

I am doing good, well today anyway!  Yesterday.. uh.. not so much. 
I had veggie pizza (no dairy) for lunch and a very fatty (but still RAW) dinner that was fab but a little too high cal for me for a regular basis but I have to write about my Thai Green Curry Soup I made!

This is sort of a recipe in progress:

Green Curry Thai Raw Soup:

For two nice size MEAL servings of soup:

Soup BASE:

Coconut water from two young coconuts
Coconut meat from two young coconuts
Ginger (just a little fresh)
Lime juice (juice of one lime for two servings)
Green curry paste (half the can is nice and HOT - see link below to the kind I think is the BEST)
Dash nama shoyu
Small teaspoon of raw honey
1 T shredded basil
1/3 avocado added to base to sort of emulsify it

I add a little of the coconut water, the coconut meat and the avo to the Vitamix first than blend.. then throw the rest in.  Blend well.  It's nice and thick! 

I pour the base in the bowl and then add the rest:

Add to the soup base before serving:

avocado (rest of the whole one.. divided between the two bowls)
Small cubes of red bell pepper, cucumber, eggplant and zucchini (all opt. - I make small 1/4" cubes)
bean sprouts
shredded basil (just a touch)
Lime round to float on top (opt)

My DH who LOVES Thai with all his heart thought this was some of the best soup EVER!
I found this green curry paste that I think it the best quality, although I am pretty sure it's not truly Raw, it has very limited ingredients and no preservatives:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EUJKR0/ref=oss_product

I made a nice light salad to go on the side:

Japanese Ribbon Salad

1 large cucumber, cut into ribbons with a veggie peeler (peel cuc first)
1 large carrot cut into ribbons with a veggie peeler (peel carrot first)
small handful cilantro chopped fine (more or less to taste - also good with mint)
2 T chopped pickled ginger (not Raw but an amazing ingredient.. could use a small amt. of fresh ginger instead)
Dressing:
1 teaspoon raw honey mixed into juice from 1 large lime.

Toss and serve in small bowls.

ʚ(ˆ◡ˆ)ɞ

No comments:

Post a Comment