Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blarg...


Hummm well where to start,

Yesterday was a magnificent day, truly amazing I had TONS of energy and got lots of work done.   I have ceramic tile thru the entire house and mopped half of the house yesterday and did lots of laundry.  I also had so much energy that I stayed up too late.. I just was not tired (oh and I ate 99% Raw yesterday.. I always say 99% when it's as good as it can be because I use some spices from time to time like cinnamon and black pepper and I am sure they are not truly Raw).  Anyway I woke up with so much energy and was just feeling on top of the world.  Today is a different story...

I feel so drained. Maybe I was TOO quick to try to get so much done yesterday but I have really slacked the last 10 days "taking it easy" as much as possible and my house really has suffered.

This morning I didn't want to get out of bed. I still feel good sinus wise which still remains amazing to me. I gave up dairy 3 weeks ago and had no idea I was never REALLY breathing well. I had chronically inflamed sinuses but didn't know.. sort of like you don't know how bad your vision actually is until the first time you get glasses!

It's amazing to me to be able to breathe so well so I am looking at my blessings but sure wishing for another day like yesterday as soon as possible.
I don't feel like eating either, I have slight nausea again. This has been fairly constant for a while and I try to drink LOTS of water. Yesterday I had 120 oz plus 3-4 cups of hot herb tea. I hope that's enough, prob. not.
Gosh I sound whiney! Wah, Wah... Got to focus on the good! So far I am down 12.5 pounds in a little over 3 weeks. I can breathe, my husband is supportive - even enjoying some of the raw meals with me, my family is supportive - mom doing Raw as much as she can and my sister at least thinking on it.  They certainly are supportive of ME anyway. I did have a great day yesterday and know another one will come. I feel closer to divinity. I am more at peace in my soul.

So lots of good to focus on.
On with the day.
Oh and food yesterday:
Fruit till about 4pm then a cup of mixed raw nuts and raisins (cashews and pistachios and golden raisins) and for dinner I made the marinated portobello steaks.. These are so incredible.  I just get three huge portobellos for each of us and marinate them in this:

My Marinate for Eggplant – Goulash – Portobello Steaks Etc:

Nama Shoyu (about 1/3 bottle)
Seasalt
Drited Chipotle pepper or soaked to rehydrate (penzeys spices sells these on line)
1 Date chopped
2 T Raw Vinegar (with the mother)
1 T Chili powder
½ T cumin
1/2 t Black pepper
1/8 T liquid smoke
Several large dashes of worstershire

Marinate as long as you have time for.. or remember to!
Good on eggplant for eggplant jerkey.
Good on all kinds of finely chopped winter veggies, marinate and then spread in dehydrator for a half day or so also I use this for portobello steaks.. so far the best steaks have been actually marinated two days (forgot to get them in dehydrator in time day before in order to warm them)..
This is a great marinate.. sort of a work in progress and I am aware it's not 100% raw but I am doing High Raw so it's great for me.

Anyway the portobello steaks were fantastic, I forgot to get them in the dehydrator the day before, in order to give them time to warm up so they actually set in the fridge in the marinate for two days.  They were incredible.  My DH LOVED them.

I made a salad with shreadded jicima, avocado and raw tahini with seasalt and black pepper.. it was fair.  Well it was pretty good but I am really wanting something different on the side.. not sure what yet.

~~~~~~~~~

Today I have alot to do but so far don't feel like doing a damn thing.  I think I am going to try to do the winter veggies in the marinate (I use the marinate twice, just keep it in the fridge in the ziplock freezer bag I use and save it and use it twice.  The Nama is so expensive.).. I have a butternut squash and an acorn squash and red bell pepper, carrots, sweet potato and I am thinking of finely chopping this and putting it in the dehydrator to have for dinner tomorrow night.

Tonight I am doing a simple carrot, broccoli, raisin, sunflower seed, lemon juice and honey salad.  DH will eat a vegan cooked meal with his salad.. I am good with just a salad as I am really not all that hungry right now.

Have a good day friends (if anyone is actually reading this blog)..
More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment