Monday, September 27, 2010

Rawkin' On..

I love that...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted to come in and post since it's been a couple of days.  I am doing fine.  I have been still high Raw just been very busy lately.  I really, truly need to post every day so I am going to work on that!

Yesterday I ate 70% Raw.  Had a cooked vegan meal for lunch but my other meals for the day were Raw.

I made a great salad the night before last that has been my very fav. salad for YEARS.. it's fresh baby spinach, grape tomatoes, sweet onion (needs to be like Walla Walla or Vidalia) sliced very thin into rings, half an avocado, AND an entire pink grapefruit cut into sections and a half an orange cut into sections.  I used to use a fat free French dressing on it but have made my own Raw French dressing that is SO good it beats that old chemical soup FF dressing big time:

Raw "French" Dressing
1/3 cup sundried tomato, soaked (save soaking water you will need it!)
1 medium fresh tomato

half a Dried Ancho chili – soaked (too much and dressing gets bitter) 
I get mine at penzeys: http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysancho.html
cayenne to taste
2 dates
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
half a lime worth of juice or more to taste
1/2 cup tomato water (saved soaking water)
garlic powder (raw is too strong in this IMO)
1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste


Place ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth and creamy - add more water if needed...

I was so excited to come up with this recipe.  IMO it's very important to eat lots of salads on Raw.  It is fun to have Gourmet Raw and I love to make those recipes but a good salad is better to have on a regular basis so I am always looking for fantastic Raw dressings. 


More to come soon.  I've got some new products in I want to write about!

Food Yesterday:
smoothie (cherry and Raw cacao and hemp) breakfast
fruit salad snack
Vegan Indian veggie korma with papadam (bread type) late lunch
raw coconut and jungle peanuts (also raw) snack
green smoothie dinner


Anyway I am good.. I am holding in the weight loss but I am actually down 44 pounds total over the last year and a few months and I think by body is just seeking an equilibrium.  I am not concerned, besides now I am more worried about getting HEALTHY.. Weight loss, of course I want it but I won't push myself into unhealthy actions to lose it.  I have had issues in the past and know that slow and steady is what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment