Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Had such good intentions and you know what they say...

Well yesterday was NOT a fasting success!

I did make it all day till 8pm but for some reason just decided to cave. I am pretty sure I was coveting the idea of Patrick having a dinner and decided to just have one too and then I just started eating..

I had a banana and some eggplant jerky I had made (good) and some nuts and dinner (my first cooked food in a week).. around 1100 calories total I figured. I was not that upset.. for two reasons. First I am on my freaking period! Going to give myself break and also because I did fast all day and although the cooked meal was veggie (this is HIGH Raw, not 100% - at least not yet) and lastly I LEARNED a serious lesson...

I got sick! I am sure it was the cooked Amy’s meal as it was the first cooked food all week AND it had dairy (cheese). I instantly got all slammed shut on my left sinus and got a headache when I went to bed.. I also felt like my nerves were jangled and noticed my pulse was racing when I was trying to settle down and fall asleep. I just felt like ugg and somehow "off".  I will not be doing any more freaking dairy and am going to stay as Raw as possible. No dairy for sure!

This morning I got up and was at least cleared up sinus wise.  I was hungry so I ate. I didn’t worry about combining food correctly either (had been eating nothing but fruit till noonish all week).. I had this eggplant "jerky" I made and then I made this GREAT green and fruit shake!

For both of us (two large breakfast shakes) in the blender I added four frozen bananas (three would work too), 1 T Raw honey, two handfulls of ice, water, three scoops green powder and 3 huge bulging tablespoons Raw cocoa… It was SO good!!  I added a bit too much honey, prob. more like 2 T than 1.. It was a little too sweet for my taste but man.. it was wonderful and DH loved it.

Here is eggplant jerky recipe:


3 eggplants (large) cut ¼” thick

Marinate:

4 T nama shoyu

1 T good seasalt

dried ancho or chipotle (soak first till soft) (penzys spices sells these on line)

2 Dates

2 T good vinegar with mother

1 T chili powder

½ T cumin

1/2 t pepper

1/8 t liquid smoke

¼ t cayenne

Marinate slices at least 45 min.. took two days in my dehydrator.. need my new one damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment