Saturday, October 9, 2010

Planning a Short Juice Feast


Good Morning!


I am planning to juice feast starting tomorrow until next Friday. Since I have actually never done any type of fast or feast more than 4 days (did master cleanse) this will be my first true challenge - 6 days! I know many people do these for 90+ days and I have been reading lots of blogs on feasting, including Penni's from RFR, so I have it down and have my MSM in and also some greens powder and coconut oil.

I am concerned for what my DH will eat but I do NOT want to have to be preparing meals other than juicing or cutting up fruit for him in the AM (I know I am spoiled but I know me and this is what I will need to succeed.) so I am making him cut up fruit for breakfasts or offering him his fav. hemp/cacao/cherry/almond milk smoothie.. or of course he could always have my juice with me!

He is actually pretty into this raw lifestyle with me and eats lots of raw meals that I make and then occasionally he supplements with Amy's vegan meals a couple of nights a week, I no longer cook anything that is not vegan and he has been so wonderful and understanding but well.. that's another post!

I am also planning on a goji, coconut flake, cacao nib, date, almond, mac nut "trail mix" to make him to keep in the fridge for him to munch on. He said an Amy's meal for lunch and dinner is fine for the week but I bet he will be in on some green juice for dinner. He has liked them before.

I am aiming for at least 6# of produce a day - juiced.  I am actually using my vitamix and straining with a stocking. These work well and I've never bought a nut mylk bag, never have needed one.

My only concern is rather I should have a total fruit juice combo for breakfast and then green juices the rest of the day or go with total green juice.. breakfast and all. I worry about all the sugar rushing into my system with no fiber if I did do straight fruit juice..

I am also planning to have lots of lemons and I have some organic maple syrup so I might do a few master cleanse juices from time to time.. I actually like them!  That might be my breakfast. 

Well would love some of you guys to join me!

Have a beautiful weekend.  Bring on the Juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment