Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day One of my Juice Feast Experiment..

 


TODAY IS DAY ONE OF MY 6-7 DAY JUICE FEAST

If you have come here googling juice feasting I am sorry I am not going the 30-60 or 90+ days YET.. This is just a quick experiment.. but in reality I would like to go for 21 days soon but right now I am committing to 6-7 days..

This morning I was excited and stoked!

I still have to finish totally cleaning my kitchen so I can deal with all the peeling and chopping and ALL the produce! LOTS of work and counter space needed to actually juice like this.

I almost ate a jungle peanut putting them in the dehydrator.. glad I caught myself. I am sure as the time goes on I will not have that problem.  Also had to strain the lemon juice  for my MSM drink as I have read that even the smallest bit of pulp makes your system have to digest it and that is what we are wanting to work away from.. totally not having to digest anything.. plain juice is instantly absorbed so my digestion can shut down and my body can work on other things!

I am interested in how many calories I am actually taking in so I am going to try to write down everything I juice..  I am so very tired of freaking counting calories.. I've just gotten away from it when I started Raw but I did it for over a year (I am already down over 40# in the last year.. but not from Raw.)

I am starting out today thinking this is going to be fairly easy.. I am even wondering if I may want to lean more toward juice fasting vs feasting.. maybe I will aim for fasting and drink more juice as I need it if I feel hungry..

I have not fasted for very long before.. I have done many one day water fasts in the past and a 3-4 day master cleanse in the past but as far as going without actual solid food.. 3-4 days is the max. In order to lose weight quickly in the past I would fast for a day then eat a normal diet for a couple of days then fast for a day then eat a normal diet for a few days.. then fast a day.. you get the picture..

I am going to make sure to have green in every juice.  I decided a juice with only fruit is too much sugar.  I WAS going to allow grapefruit juice plain but we don't have any good ones in the grocery store YET.. (can't wait for Dec!)..

I am using a couple of recommended supplements.. (you can read about the protocol and suggested supplements here):
http://www.juicefeasting.com/
All of the supplements are suggestions I believe except the MSM.. every blog I have seen, everyone IS using MSM.. the combo of other supplements seems to be different per individual.

 The two things I am using supplement wise:

MSM:


Sulphur in the form of MSM is needed for the formation of collagen, which is the fibrous substance in connective tissue. Sulphur is therefore essential for the production of cartilaginous tissue whose elasticity is especially suited to provide support to the body. Sulphur is a significant constituent of skin, hair and nails, and has been called the "beauty mineral".

(actually MSM is pretty amazing and if you don’t know about it you should google it.)


And Also I am using a superfood:

Freezdried wheat grass plus additional greens in my GreenSuperFood by Amazing grass:

 
Here is the label:



You can also buy frozen juiced wheat grass in ice cube sizes at Whole Foods.. which I would prob. Do If I was going longer.. I don’t have a juicer I can actually use for wheat grass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I have been doing a bit more reading.. I wondered about using fresh almond milk in smoothies.. and just found a post here: 
http://jjjuicefeast.blogspot.com/2008/01/day-2.html
one of the comments on that day from David and Katrina Rainoshek (the designers/inventors of Juice FEASTING) mentioned that nut and seed milks "will arrest the cleansing process, and drive you away from the Juice Feast as you crave all manner of prepared raw foods".

So that answered my question..

In their protocol I have read that they do recommend 1 T a day of Coconut Oil or Hemp Oil but I may not do that unless I get cold - although I do have CO.… But not sure I will need it, especially since I am not going more than a week.

If I WAS to continue on past a week I would start on the oils and order a couple more supplements they recommend.. one being Natural Cellular Defense:

It contains a naturally occurring mineral called zeolite, which has a unique, negatively charged, crystalline structure. Zeolite is formed from the fusion of lava and ocean water, and combines all four elements. It has been used for more than 800 years in Asia as a remedy for overall health and well-being.


I would also add in a good quality local Bee Pollen :



W all know the reason for Bee Pollen…It is said to contain all the elements necessary for the sustenance of human life. Also if you use local it is said to help allergies and sinus issues.


Lastly I would add Vitalzym:

I have read about this enzyme helping persons lose weight just by taking it and changing nothing else.

I am really looking at this week as just a little bump in weight loss.. I want to see a much lower weight by my birthday in a couple of months and my goal is at least 2# a week.

Like I mentioned I sure would LOVE to do a 21 day juice feast.. I have been reading blogs that I find so amazing and very inspirational! 

The transformations alone are astounding.  Some of these people do up to 100+ days.. apparently it’s not difficult because you take in so many vitamins and minerals from the juice that you are fine.. you have plenty of energy, detox your body and heal many issues without being hungry.

There are MANY juice feasting blogs.. just google them.. you will be amazed and inspired.

I will keep track of what I am drinking and what combos each day.. I will probably actually come into my blog and post each day but come back the next day and post what I drank the day before..

I am thinking about weighing every couple of days.. I am actually up 2 # from a couple of days ago.. not sure why, prob. Too many raw nuts!


Today I consumed:

½ lemon in my MSM drink..I like lemon water so it was fine.. quite bitter but I liked it fine.
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Tell me, what does Monday bring? I am having a glass of iced tea (no diet soda mind you!) and wondering what you are whipping up in that kitchen of yours! I loved the recipe you sent for the chocolate & organe yummy. I am looking forward to trying some of that over Thanksgiving. HINT HINT
    Have a most fabulous day! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I think I figured it out!!! Tell me what is up for your Monday? I am all ears (and I am hungry!)

    ReplyDelete