Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 6 in the Vault...

I just became aware of the fact that I actually started the Vault last Friday when actually that was just our first official weigh in day.. the actual 1st true lock down day was Sat.. so today is really, truly only day 6.

I am doing GREAT.  I am pretty sure I hit my 2#.  (my fairy God mother, wish come true weight loss goal puts me in at needing to lose 2# a week most weeks of this initiative).




PERSONAL VICTORY..
Well yesterday turned out to be a difficult day.


I was a little strung out, personal reasons I decided to really not go into here *smile*.
But I had a hard day and I could feel the tension and worry pulsing in my body.. I literally felt like I was vibrating and turned to my old way of coping..

I started to pig out on this raw granola .. ya it’s raw but its’ still uncontrolled eating and I just realized here I am eating when I am not hungry - again..

I decided I needed to really feel what I am feeling (I am learning this) and try to go thru it and not numb myself with food.. instead I thought of other ways to try to relax and just let the feelings flow.. I did deep breathing, put on a fuzzy cashmere old tattered sweater that always feels like a nice hug for myself and made myself hot chamomile tea to relax.

I was very proud of myself.. it was actually quite monumental that I took control back and reined myself in on the eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TODAY...
Well today I am feeling a bit down because I ate too much yesterday and might have derailed myself on my vault weigh in.


I am not counting calories - I used FitDay for over a year and I am just not going there yet if I don't have to.. I just want to rein myself in a little.

So today I am really staying on plan well and having nothing but fruit till around 1pm and then green smoothies (2-3) the rest of the day - dinner included. Tomorrow is my weigh in day at the Vault I am so glad I have signed up for this initiative.. it's already helping me with my focus and motivation.

Ultimate Goals?:

My mind of course was going full on as I woke up - it's always this way for me in the morning.. this morning I am thinking about ultimate goals for this vault.. If I had my dream come true it would be to be under 200 by the end. That’s 17 pounds (to 198) in 11 weeks. I know this is my ultimate goal but any weigh loss is good for moi! Getting under 200 will be monumental (there is that word again) for me.. it's been over 13 years.

FOOD YESTERDAY:

Pig out...

-Handful of walnuts and almonds and 1 corn chip taking stuff out of dehydrator
-Coffee w/ almond milk
-Raw Granola handful
-Gauc and chips (left over from dinner the night before) - dehydrated corn chips..
-Kale, carrot, beet, pineapple smoothie (had to choke it down because I didn’t strain it)
-Corn chips (2 small)
-Granola pig out.. well half a bag anyway - my first uncontrolled eating in a while
-2 teaspoon fulls of tahini to end the pig out (strong flavor always helps me)
-2-3 T hummus and half small tomato and ½ red bell pepper for dinner - didn't need much was not very hungry.

Rawk on everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment