Monday, October 11, 2010

Day Two Of My Juice Feast Experiment~

A beautiful carved squash by Francesco Scravaglieri

Good Morning!

Yes, day one was a success!! I am thrilled.Wow, it was NOT hard.

I am sure it will get harder but I was thrilled the first day was a breeze.

My DH actually hugged me last night, grabbed my tush and commented that he could tell I have lost weight!... this made my entire month. Seriously. He is a wonderful man in so many ways but I don't get many comments like that. I fell asleep with a huge smile on my face.

I overslept this morning, I almost never do that but I have noticed since I started Raw that I am sleeping more.

I didn't get all my juice in yesterday.. about 2 and 1/2 quarts (supposed to get in 4 quarts of juice alone.. not counting herb teas and water).. but I did drink lots of water and a couple of cups of herbal tea... will do better today.

The MSM and lemon juice water is too bitter for me so I added a couple drops of stevia to it.

I was bummed this morning because one of the 3 pomegranates I bought (expensive babies!) was bad.. you could not tell until it was cut open.

Yesterday and today I had a bit of stomach cramping on my very first juice of the day. I wonder if it's because they are too cold?

It’s 4:30pm and I am officially very hungry.. first time in two days. I just made myself a tomato, apple, herb greens mix juice and it’s good but I am still jonesing for some food..
I have found myself grinding my teeth this afternoon.. I think I am already missing chewing.. I am "chewing" my juice like I am supposed to though.

I won’t be giving in.

I have had a bit of nausea today. I know it’s a detox symptom. It’s not bad, just slight. Have diarrhea… actually I’ve had diarrhea for six weeks.

I have kind of a spacy, disconnected feeling. I am tired, I could sleep but I feel like reading. I am also cold.. It’s 80deg in the house (have the air turned way up) and I am cold.. that’s just not me.. I am always hot. I had to put a sweater on. Crazy.

Several times today I would go to the freezer to get ice for my juice and see my huge stash of raw nuts and want them badly! I took them all out, put them in opaque bags so I could not see them and that did the trick the rest of the day.

Keeping the kitchen clean with all this is surprisingly difficult! Lots (most) juice feasters make all their juice first thing in the AM and are done.. I decided to make it as I wanted it and that way I could decide to make just what I wanted at that time but that means I am constantly cleaning the kitchen, the floor, the countertops and cabinet fronts, the Vitamix, the juicer and all my knives.. etc.. It’s insane.

8 pm: I am very tired, hungry but determined, have a heavy ache in my legs and slight achy fullness under my right breast (liver?).. I have had this feeling before and usually done a gall/liver cleanse and had it help allot. Will just wait it out.. hope it’s just my liver getting in a good detox. 



Juice today:
-Stevia, lemon water, msm (needed stevia.. it’s bitter)
-Papaya, pomegranate, cuc, romaine, agave, juice (looked like muddy water, not pretty but very good
-Green lemonade – lemon, raspberry agave, greens powder
-Heirloom tomato, 2 apples, herbs mix salad
-Cuc, heirloom tomato, parsley, carrot, celery (this juice separated bad.. did everything in juicer except parsley with a little water in vitamix and then strained.. greens don’t do good in my Jack Lalane juicer.. Wonder if it separated because I used two diff. Appliances?
-Herbal spice tea with stevia
-Coconut water from one thai coconut (I look forward to this every day! Wish we could have these every day!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment