Friday, October 8, 2010

Fantastic Friday!

Good Morning,

It's early here, nice and cool and quiet.  I love the mornings like this.  It almost feels "Fall like".. It makes me want to work on the house.. clean my closets, buy mums for my front porch, make a huge pot of chili.. guess I am going to have to work on a Raw chili recipe!!  There is one in our "Falling into Raw" cookbook I am going to make and also I have one saved that our wonderful Susan on Raw Food Rehab (she has helped me so much already, thank you Susan!) posted I have been wanting to try - here is a pix of that one:


(pic courtesty of Makenzie)

Here is the thread it comes from:
http://rawfoodrehab.ning.com/group/thekitchen/forum/topics/soups-1

Here is the recipe:
6 lg. tomatoes
1 c. lentil sprouts**
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup celery
1 green pepper, you can use red, yellow or orange also
1 portbella mushroom
1 T. olive oil
1/4 cup Bragg's liquid aminos
2 tsp. fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
1-2 tsp. chili powder to your taste
1-2 tsp. cumin to your taste
a dash of cayene pepper
1 T. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
1 T. Agave Nectar
1 cup fresh corn or frozen

Whiz up in food processor the tomatoes, mushroom and add the spices, oil etc and whiz up...add the other veggies chopped up...

*This recipe is actually from Judy, a good friend of Susan's... Susan says: "Judy is my best raw friend. She will be joining us here (on RFR). I dragged her off to Raw Food Chef training with me! And she came up with this Blue Ribbon Winner Recipe"!

** soak lentils over night and then sprout for 2 days. I personally sprout alot of lentils and then dehydrate them and then they are ready to add to the chili whenever I make it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love spicy and I need to get an instant thermometer so I can heat it up to 110 or so.. actually at that heat it's warm enough and it still does not kill the enzymes.  A thermometer is a necessity though and I still don't have one.  I will make some kind of raw cracker for this chili.. not sure which one.. I have been thinking of trying a salty lime, cilantro recipe.. will see!

I am going to order the lentils today and make this recipe in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment