Saturday, February 27, 2016

Detox, No Drugs and Yummy Raw Pad Thai


DETOX:
Achy.. lethargic.. sinus still slammed with congestion.   I have a pretty constant sinus yuck and I even feel a tiny bit of heat like a little fever in my head.  I KNOW this is one of the ways my body has always detoxed.  I want to take a BC powder so bad... This has been my ache and pain drug of choice for years!  I'm a Southern girl and everyone in the South of my generation knows about BC powders. I would never go anywhere without BC in my purse.  All my friends and family would know I had one to the rescue for them at all times..  it's very hard for me to NOT use one when I know it will kick my sinus headache but I have educated myself and know that if I take it my body just has one more toxin I have to deal with... so I wont.

I also have the beginnings of itching all over.  Our skin is our largest organ and a high percentage of our detox happens through our skin.  I always start to itch when I'm not dry brushing enough... so that's on the agenda before my shower today.

One thing of GOOD note is my food yesterday.   Totally a raw day.  I had fruit and nuts all day till dinner.. so far I don't worry about food combining because I have a strong digestion.   I know as I detox and become more clean it will help with the continued deeper detox and weightloss, to combine my foods correctly and to do mono fruit meals.

My dinner last night was one of my all time favorite raw meals.. Pad Thai.  This is a gorgeous salad and sure to impress anyone you are trying to win over to Raw.

RAW PAD THAI (for 2 huge bowls):

3 Whole Carrots (not baby)
2 Summer Squash
1 Red Bell Pepper
2 Zuchinni
4 Green Onions
1 1/2 C Shredded  Napa Cabbage
1 Large Handful Bean Sprouts
1 C Fresh Cilantro
1 Half Lime sliced in wedges
1/2 C Jungle Peanuts
Pinch Red Pepper Flakes Sprinkled over each salad

Use a spiralizer or I just use a veggie peeler and make ribbons with the carrots and zuchinni.   I cut the rest of the veggies in as thin match stick pieces as I can (it makes for a beautiful  salad).

I shred the Napa cabbage as fine as I can too.

To assemble the salad try to layer each ingredient on top of the other so you can see a bit of the ingredient underneath..  see mine:

The dressing I made this time was different.  I made an almond butter, miso and ginger dressing that was INCREDIBLE! !

NUT BUTTER DRESSING (makes enough dressing for 3 salads..) Next time I am going to try to make less by a third.. somehow, because we ended up pouring it ALL on our salads.. totally drenching them because the dressing was so damn good.. but honestly I didn't need the extra calories LOL!

INGREDIENTS :
3/4 C Nut Butter of Choice (I used raw almond butter)
2 Oranges Juiced
2 T Chopped Fresh Ginger
1 Heaping Tablespoon Dark Miso Paste (IMO this is not an optional ingredient)
1 Heaping Tablespoon Raw Honey (or sweetener of choice if Vegan)
2 T Nama Shoyu  or Organic Tamari if going gluten free
Good Pinch of Salt
Good Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
2-4 T water as needed to thin.

Whirl it all in your blender or Bullet.  This stuff is amazing and I'm going to use this as my dipping sauce for Summer roll veggie wraps next week!

♡You're Welcome! !

Ta Ta for Now~

No comments:

Post a Comment