Tuesday, March 8, 2016

MORE DETOX, Feeling More Loving and Great Salads



80% raw for 5 weeks now.. tons of fruit and totally Vegan except for one meal (cheese on veggie pizza lunch).


WEIGH IN:
I have not had the desire to get on the scale which is SO STRANGE!!  I used to live or die by that damned thing.  I think this change is because I am doing this for myself.. meaning it's just going to be what I do.. period.  I know for a fact my body will release weight so I am just letting it do what it wants to do.  I also don't want to turn this into a diet in any mindset.  This is so much more to me that just about getting into smaller jeans.  On that note though I do feel smaller and am into a smaller pair of jeans.  I have like (4) sizes of jeans so I won't need to actually buy any until I get under a size 14.  

DETOX:
Well I am having more detox.. today my sinus is really yucked up and draining and I have an ear ache and the lymph glands in my neck under my ear are swollen.  I also had a bad day of breast pain two days ago where on and off all day I had stabbing pain in one of my breasts.  I have fibroid cysts in my breasts and I am sure my body is working on that.

IMPROVEMENTS!!!
A few things that have improved..
My hip and back pain are almost totally gone unless I am just on my feet all day.  I also have much less nerve pain down the front of my thighs (self diagnosed siatica).  It's about 70% improved.  I KNOW as the weight is released it will totally go away.

My depression has lifted a bit.  I look in the mirror and don't absolutely hate what I see anymore.. I feel more loving toward myself.  I also have wanted to be outside a bit and just this past weekend we bought me a new chase to layout in for sun because I have been wanting to get outside more which is a true improvement in my mood... I have spent months not wanting to leave the house unless it was absolutely necessary and have totally let my back yard rose garden practically die.  I have a home based business so I never REALLY had to leave very often anyway.

I bought some herb seeds and seeds for greens (spinach, arugula, chard and kale!) and am slowly working on getting them potted up.

They say when you go high Raw you really get an interest in growing what you can yourself because of a closer draw toward nature.  I think I am starting to feel that.  I would love to some day have a huge, amazing veggie garden and this year we are planting an avocado and a mango tree.

Another improvement is that my skin feels SO SOFT!   It feels silky.  It's interesting.

FOOD:
Well I have been about 75% Raw.. usually raw till after 4 or so... and a few times a week a Raw dinner too.  I am working up to a higher percentage but not being militant about it.  I am having fruit in the AM.. a green smoothie here or there.. the other day I made a spinach, cacao, frozen organic cherry and hemp seed smoothie that the hubs really loved.



I am having SALADS very often..



I have always loved a good salad so this is fairly easy.

This particular salad above was for "Taco" night.. black beans, mango salsa, corn, spinach, avocado and my homemade Raw vegan "Sharp Cheddar" cheese I dehydrated for sprinkling on top.

Salad above again has my favorite (right now!) Raw vegan "Sharp Cheddar" cheese crumbles.. and I made the "Crazy Cracker Lady's" recipe of her BBQ chips.  (you can find this recipe several places  online.)  The chips were more like crackers but good.. my only complaint was they took like three days in my Excalibur to get crisp and chip-like at 115deg.  I am still getting used to planning ahead of time enough.


 Salad above was so good!  I had found truly raw, fresh peas at the store and decided to give them a try.. not bad especially with raw corn and avocado.  Pretty salad that made me smile.

Tonight I am making one with Napa cabbage, carrot ribbons, thin sliced red bell pepper, pineapple, jalapeno, black sesame seeds and purple onion.. it will be gorgeous.  I am making a balsamic, ginger, honey, lime and sesame oil dressing.

I am having the occasional Vegan dinner.. I love beans of all types and brown rice.. the other day I also made a huge baked potato filled with guacamole and topped with kale and sundried tomato I had sauteed in coconut oil, it was THE BOMB!!

No comments:

Post a Comment