Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Catching Up... and DETOX~


I am having sinus detox..  it's always the first way I detox.  I have read our mucus membranes are one way our body detoxes.  

I got a headache and sinus issues about 5pm yesterday and finally it got so bad I went to bed a little early.

This AM the sinus yuck and headache were still there... this means for me it's pretty deep detox.  I've been doing high raw for over a week now.  

In the past when I wanted to slow down the detox, when it got so bad I couldn't deal.. I would eat heavier food (nuts and seeds.. muesli, etc.) and a cooked Vegan dinner or two.

This is what I am going to do for the next couple of days.  I am working hard on a major house cleanup because I have not been able to do much in a couple of weeks.  Because of the last 2 weeks of back, hip and leg pain I've really been down and the house is a horrid mess, so major cleaning.. 

Anyway because of needing to FEEL good and have energy (thank GOD!) I am slowing down the detox a bit for a couple of days.  I have too much work to do in the next couple of days to feel like shit.

I had muesli for lunch with coconut milk (processed, boxed) lots of grapes and I am having leftover cabbage, black sesame salad tonight.  My previous post was the Black Sesame Cabbage salad.. it was really awesome.
 
I am continuing 100% raw days with combo days for a while until I get caught up and can actually take a week and actually rest my way through some serious detoxing.  Eating raw till 5 PM anyway, STILL is amazing. 

I am getting my energy back a little bit and my back has is getting better... less pain and stiffness.   I still have this really sharp stabbing pain down my leg often. I can only work on cleaning for maybe 20 minutes and then I have to get down a half hour or so.

I am 99% sure this is a nerve problem from my back from just carrying so much weight. I have made it to 52 years old without having a whole lot of pain from my obesity but it is for catching up with me...

I know I need to lose weight so more raw food it is and soon I'm going to start green juices and maybe a short juice fast. The longest I've made so far I think was 10 days and I'm not ready to undertake another long juice fast yet, if I get too militant about it too soon it backfires. So I'm going to try my best to eat less eat lots of raw and keep babying myself and my body and hopefully start some good healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment