Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Black Sesame and Cabbage Salad w/ an AMAZING Zing of a Dressing.




I'm eating lots of raw.. alot of what I make is simple and not necessarily recipe worthy really.  NOT that I don't love it.. I am learning that I have to make it simple, fruit for breakfast... green smoothies and huge salads for lunches and occasionally a Raw gourmet dinner but more often I am making a simple salad or eating a simple cooked vegan meal.

I LOVE the amazing Raw Gourmet recipes and they can help keep you from getting bored but for me I have to learn to most often just eat to live.. rejoice in all the fresh produce and buy the very best I can afford in season.

THIS salad I just threw together yesterday and wow... I was amazed.

SALAD:
Soak a half cup black sesame seeds 8 hours to overnight...

Shred in food processor:  Small cabbage, 5 celery stalks, 1 red bell, 1 medium bag baby carrots, 4 green onion (I chop green onion ahead of time because my food processor leaves the pieces too big for my liking).

Stir in soaked black sesame... This is a pretty salad!

This makes a HUGE salad and would make approx 6 main meal servings.. we will eat on it for two days.

DRESSING:
1 inch piece peeled and chopped fresh ginger
Juice of one lime
3 dates
Salt to taste
Apple cider vinegar 2 T or more to taste (I love vinegar and poured in a bit more)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (not raw but I prefer the toasted taste)
5 drops Boyajian Tangerine oil  (there are other Tangerine oils but I love this company and they have LOTS of amazing flavors.. I have several... the wasabi one I use often.)
Enough H2O that your blender will whirl

 I was AMAZED with the dressing... I love it when I actually make something myself without a recipe that is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment