Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Staying Off The Scale, More Detox and Green Goddess Dressing

I'm one of those weird morning people and to top it off, I love Mondays!
I love the feeling of a brand new start however it might come.

I am going to do several 100% Raw days this week.

Yesterday was 100%

PLANNING:
I have the next 3 or 4 days planned and figured out ahead of time, menus written, the grocery shopping in and I am good to go!  I have found out that for me I have to stay two days ahead of myself.  Mostly for soaking nuts and seeds and for the occasional dehydrated cracker/bread.. etc.

Day before yesterday I sort of pigged out on Organic peanut butter. And chocolate! The hubs did too.

I got organic peanut butter to make dressing for my Raw Pad Thai that I am making this week and it is so tempting to have PB in the house!


DETOX:
I'm still having sinus yuck and headaches (although more mild) late day and this AM I woke up with totally yucked up sinus.  Thank goodness for a Neti Pot!

All this week I am off coffee.  I lately have only been having coffee on the weekends with the hubs.  I enjoy our time together in the mornings because we really don't get it during the week.

This past weekend I made cashew cream for us to have in our coffee.

Night before last I made vegan stuffed bell peppers with this package of vegan hamburger:

 It actually was really good! I will try my best to stay away from processed psudofood just because it's Vegan but I had to try this... it's also soy free.

I would love to one day never need to use anything processed but it's good for transitioning and IMO I did great an ate a vegan dinner and I really enjoyed it.

This is high raw with the occasional cooked vegan food.



FOOD YESTERDAY
Fruit bowl for breakfast
About 2PM I made a great salad for lunch:



I mixed some fresh mango and campari tomatoes (the only decent tomato that I can find here without a trip to Whole Foods) and *dried tart cherries, poured balsamic on it...  had some of my RAW Pesto Pinenut Parmesan on top. (recipe here: http://highrawweightloss.blogspot.com/2010/10/day-4-in-vault.html ).  I love that stuff! Have to make some more.  

Re; *Dried Tart Cherries.. I have been ordering Montmorency Tart Cherries for their amazing anti-inflammatory properties.


 I get them here:
http://www.brownwoodacres.com/unsweetened-dried-tart-cherries/


I also ate lots of dried rambutan with my salad..  I got it from RawFoodWorld.com but they seem to be out lately.  I feel like I eat too much dried fruit but I am not going to worry about that just yet.

I have been eating a smallish handfull of these every day in one way or another.  They are tart but not too sour.  I love them in my fruit salads in the AM or in a veggie salad... lately I have been putting some fruit in my salads at lunch too.

DINNER:

Was another Salad!  and it was really good.

I made homemade Raw Green Goddess Dressing.




RECIPE:



1/2 cup raw tahini, soaked raw cashews, soaked raw macadamia or combo (I had soaked cashews and mac nuts)
Juice from one large lemon
6 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
6 Tablespoons chives, chopped  
Whole package fresh dill    (1 C approx)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
Garlic powder to taste (I know raw garlic would be better but for now it's just too strong for me)
2 Tablespoons Nama Shoyu orTamari
2 Tablespoons raw Apple Cider Vinegar
10 green olives

Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy.



 RE: this dressing..
It's very herbal obviously.  and salty.  I was craving this and it hit the spot.  Don't give it a try until you are ready for something REALLY GREEN!

My Dinner Salad:  (a before and after dressing addition to see all the colorful veggies!




 Salad had organic mixed baby greens, fresh orange, celery, red bell pepper, shredded carrot, Vidalia onion, avocado, cucumber, campari tomato, my raw Green Goddess dressing, hemp seed and pumpkin seeds.

Lastly:  STAYING OFF THE SCALE:




I have actually stayed off the scale!...  and I'm not going to get on it for another week. I think that will make it like three weeks without weighing.

It's not that I'm NOT worried about losing weight, obviously I am, but working on a Raw food lifestyle to me is about so much more.  Like loving myself enough to just doing something GOOD for myself and for my health, freeing the real spirit inside me and working on my health, my beauty and my LIFE. That's a lot more than just the fat on my body.  I know THAT will be released. I'm absolutely 100% sure that this lifestyle works.

Loving myself enough to take the time to prep and do menus and READ!  I have studied so much over the years and I have not even scratched the surface of what this lifestyle can offer.



More to come~

No comments:

Post a Comment