Thursday, August 11, 2011

Weeeeeeeeeee! So much to write about.


Phoenix is an important symbol for me.. you will find pix throughout my blog~

Good Morning!!!
I am down 5 pounds in 4 days. 
and NO it's NOT WATER because I have been counting calories and I have had over 2000 a day and once over 3000 (pig out on Raw tahini).

I am having interesting detox symptoms already.. a small rash on my back, pain under my right breast (this is liver issues that I will talk about later today)..

I had a serious wave of nausea yesterday when I first got out of bed, which is a classic detox symptom.  I also can't sleep. 

One thing that is very interesting and SUCKS is that I get this deep ache in my upper arms.. I have had these lumps in the muscle (I think) on my upper arms for years.  I sort of self diagnosed this as myofascitis after doing lots of research (where small knots form in the muscles from nerves causing parts of a muscle to stay contracted for long periods of time).  It's really bothered me on and off for years and EVERY time I detox it flares up. 

Now people that know about what Raw food does to you will know that this is a healing issue.. it will flare up while my body (brilliant as it is!) is working to heal it.. but right now it's very painful!  and OMG it's only day 5!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning as I was standing on the back porch waiting for my puggie Sukiyaki to come in from his early morning wee..

Suki Photo Op:

His nick name is "His Royal Great Immenseness"  Pet him and love him and squeeze him and hug him.. sweet boy… sorry I got side tracked!


So while on the porch early Am, I stood there and had this amazing feeling of calm just warmly flood over my body for a minute. I don’t know if it was the lovely early morning air (nice and humid) or because of Raw so far but it was sweet.

Food yesterday:
-Lemon water (x2) 16oz
-2 cups mixed fruit from deli (picked up while grocery shopping).. I have read that eating fruit together.. especially if it contains melon is not a great idea but I never have seemed to have an issue. We have been big fruit salad for breakfast eaters for years.
-Green smoothie around noon
-Lara bar and ½ C raw peanuts
-More raw peanuts and raw cashews
-Lots of iced green tea
-HUGE Thai salad for dinner





Here is the recipe:



My Raw Pad Thai Salad

This is a large salad and meant to be an entrée. The dressing is the BOMB! Really fun to eat with chopsticks.
For two huge salads:

Ingredients:
2 zucchinis, sliced into strips and then 2" matchsticks or made into ribbons with veggie peeler (could also use a yellow squash and a zucchini)
1large handful of bean sprouts, approx 1 1/2cups
3/4 cup chopped nuts (use soaked almonds or cashews – I used raw peanuts but I know peanuts are not a great idea very often)
2 green onions sliced thin and long and then cut into 2" strips
1 shredded carrot – or you can use a veggie peeler and make strips
½ C shredded cabbage
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro – very important ingredient. No dried.
Juice from one lime
1/4 tsp sea salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
red chili pepper flakes (I use 1 scant teaspoon for two salads and it’s very spicy. It’s a needed ingredient I think for the salad but you could use much less.. or none at all).
Preparation: Toss all ingredients together in a bowl until well coated. I usually save the nuts and sprinkle them on top of the dressing and top with a few sprigs of cilantro.

Dressing:
1" piece peeled ginger, chopped up
1 apple peeled and cored and chopped
1 small celery stalk – de-stringed and chopped
1 small carrot peeled and chopped
1 green onion stalk, chopped
Juice of one lime
1/3 capful (about 4 drops) Boyajain Tangerine oil*
1/3 capful (about 4 drops) Boyajain Hot chili oil OR Wasabi oil*
1/2 t sesame oil (add very last)
 
Whirl all together in blender.. add sesame oil last.. pour over salads and sprinkle with nuts. Garnish with more cilantro on top and serve~

*you can find these on line..http://www.boyajianinc.com/oils.html

They have lots of all natural flavors. I find myself using them all the time.. especially the tangerine one! You could of course make the dressing without them.. It’s really good either way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Re: Detox (I have a facination with Detox.. I think most Raw foodies do, do you?)

I had a wave of nausea when I first got out of bed this morning and so I did a coffee enema this afternoon. I had been having a feeling of fullness in my liver and I remember this from last time I did Raw and especially it kept happening when I did lots of juicing. I think the enema helped… maybe.

I remember reading that if you detox too fast and don't somehow clean your colon, you can actually re-absorb some of the toxins. I HATE the thought of that but I don’t know what to really do about it. I know I won’t be "an enema a day" kind of girl. It does worry me though.  

I am afraid I have an issue with belief in colon cleansing because I have seen several films from my colonoscopies over the years (IBD).. I have never seen any evidence of "muccoid plaque" or any such thing.. always clean as a whistle... so I am a bit wary of much colon cleansing... so far. 

Lets Rawk on~

No comments:

Post a Comment