Monday, August 8, 2011

Sinus Yuck...

I really don't feel 100% this morning.  Just want to go back to bed.  I have a sinus headache and I am all stuffed up.  I know it's not food allergies as all I have had is 3 pieces of fruit this morning.. I am pretty sure I detox thru my sinus as I have had this in the past. 

Just Tired!

Last night our taco wraps were really good! (I posted recipe yesterday). 
Getting the leaves off the cabbage was a bitch and I cut the bottom off the head to make it easier but they still tore.  We had pretty small "wraps" but they were still amazing.

I didn't use any Avo because they are $2.50 right now! 

I used the main mix I talked about below.. with the mushrooms, zucchini and garlic.. it was all chopped fine and marinated in the fridge for about 4 hours. 

I scooped  it into the cabbage leaves and added chopped tomato, onion and cilantro and squeezed a little lime on top and wow.. very yummy and messy! 

DH loved them.. he at allot of them.
I want to make some Vegan raw nut cheese to go on top next time.  I have a recipe for some that you dehydrate down and use sort of as a sprinkle powder but a nut cheese paste would be great too.. Right now I want to be careful and not have way tons of calories extra.  Like I would choose between the nut cheese and avocado.

This morning I just had fruit.  I had two pieces and was full (a very small apple and a huge yummy amazing black plum!). 

LOTS of water as I seem so thirsty.

Oh I also wanted to comment that the other day when I went to the Emergency walk in clinic with dizziness and nausea and had such a high blood pressure (for me).. it was 157/90.  I had them take some bloodwork.

Most of all I wanted my fasting glucose.. it was 100 which is 10 points less than it was last year.  I know that is still a bit high but I don't consider myself "borderline diabetic" any longer.

I also know that my blood pressure will get better with the Raw foods and the weight loss but I am also eating lots of celery which really helps to lower blood pressure!

Off to use my neti pot to see if it will help this sinus yuck!
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment