Sunday, August 7, 2011

Serious Yummy Stuff Going On In The House!

Started High Raw again yesterday.. made about 50% raw yesterday only because I had to get to the store and it takes 2-3 days to get stuff going in the dehydrator! I have to get a system down!  I have lots of ideas in the works but we are also going to have simple salads with amazing homemade Raw dressings I am finding recipes for!

I am not putting tons of pressure on myself this time.. I will take my time and get the hang of it and not worry about being perfect right off.

This morning I cut up fruit for us and put it in pretty bowls.. we each had a white peach, pluott and nectarine.. yummy breakfast!

Today I made these amazing kale chips. 
This was very good.
Here is the recipe:
Kale Chips: (note to self: need to double!)

Ingredients:
1 bunch of kale
1 clove raw garlic
1 C soaked cashews (need to look up how long they need to be soaked I only soaked them about a half hour)
¼ C nutritional yeast
2T water (I used coconut water because DH had just opened a coconut)
1 T paprika
¼ t chipotle powder
¼ t seasalt

Mix everything but kale in the Vitamix or your blender and pour over kale.. it will look like it’s not enough but work it in with fingers well. It is enough.

Set dehydrator to 115deg and time for two hours then turn down to 105… they are GOOD really, really good!  Mine have been in about 5 hours and feel dry enough but I am leaving them in for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also.. for dinner I have these in the works:

A recipe for Raw Vegan taco meat I found in the Healing Patch Cookbook and tweaked.



It is a base of portobello, zucchini and raw garlic..

Main recipe for tacos:
Enough mushroom for two (I bought about 10 med. Size ones)
1 med zucchini
3 cloves garlic (put thru a garlic press)
3-4 shakes of nutritional yeast
1 T EVOO
2 T Nama Shoyu
1 t live vinegar
¼ t chipotle powder (penzeys.com has this)
1 t cumin
2 t paprika
1 t oregano
2t chili powder
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder

Chop mushroom and zucchini very finely.. add 2-3 cloves garlic that have been mushed thru a garlic press (Important for raw garlic in a recipe.. you don’t want a "chunk" of raw garlic in anything – it totally overpowers the taste… the garlic press is prefect because you get a bit of garlic taste through out).
Add all spices and Nama Shoyu, EVOO and live vinegar.. stir well and let sit for a while to blend tastes.. can make a day ahead and put in fridge.. just set out about an hour before you want to assemble them.



Next Ingredients:
Leaves for wrap.. collards, romaine, cabbage – I used cabbage this time
1 med. Tomato chopped
½ C chopped cilantro
½ C chopped red onion
Avocado (optional)
To assemble..
Spread mushroom mix on leaf and top with tomato, cilantro and red onion.. avocado if you wish.
Roll and yum! Would be good with homemade pico sauce too!



A note re: today.. I just realized I was totally 100% Raw on my second day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment