Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I get to change my stats!

Well I am down 4 pounds in three days.
I was very surprised when I got on the scale today because I have been eating lots of nuts and seeds trying to overcome my late day hunger.. still raw but STILL LOTS OF FAT AND CALORIES!.

I have read that Raw fat is not as "fattening" to our bodies as cooked fat.  I am not sure that is true but it seems to be as I really have been eating allot of the nuts and seeds.. two days ago I ate a half jar of raw tahini... just kept tripping to the kitchen. 

My friends on RawFoodRahab have been encouraging me to just go with what my body is telling me and it's good advice.  I am so "diet" oriented I am constantly worried about calories.

 

Yesterday was a little easier.. I seemed to much all day but I didn't have a ton of nuts.. I measured out a third cup of soaked almonds and ate them slowly.. it was interesting.. in 15 min. I was full again and had like three left.  I know that slowing down helps me so much.  I have always been a REALLY fast eater.  I am working on it.

Yesterday morning I had an apple and plum and raw soaked almonds and a Lara bar over a couple of hours.

Later I had a green salad of just a huge handful of spicy Watercress (my fav. green for bumping up a salad)!  I just added a large celery stick destringed and cut up... no dressing needed right then which was interesting, normally I love to pile on lots of dressing.. Raw cashews whirled in a blender with spices lately but yesterday, I just wanted green.  I want to eat lots of green.  I also drank a large glass of green powder in water on ice.

I have been having a bit sinus yuck and have used my neti pot several times.. this is typical detox for me always..
 
Dinner was a bit of veggie salad with leftover Mexi mushroom mix in leaf tacos I had made the day before.. the mushroom mix (posted recipe a couple of days ago) was EVEN better!  I guess sitting really helped it marry all the flavors and I noticed it was not as watery.  ALSO learned that it's much easier to get the cabbage leaves off the cabbage head when it is at room temp.  I had a hard time the day before even though I cut the bottom of the head off.. they just would not peel off without tearing but I set everything out 2 hours before I planned on having dinner so it was not cold and they came off much easier.

I used my Mexi mushroom mix and spooned it in the cabbage leaves and added purple onion garnish and dried tomato I had just made in my dehydrator.. and cilantro on top and lime juice and WOW.. this was FANTASTIC!

Here is a little pix for you:



Have a brilliant Raw day!

No comments:

Post a Comment