Saturday, August 6, 2011

Easing into Raw.. starting today.



Well I am finally back in my element, at home and ready to get started with this finally!  I had a bit of a scare yesterday.  I woke up and got out of bed and was really dizzy and I almost fell down.. I was also very nauseated.

DH took me to the Emergency walk in clinic and I had high blood pressure.. 157/90 (well what is high for me, mine is usually like 110/80).  They took some blood and I will have results today from several tests.. Anemia and my blood sugar are most important to me.  they did a blood panel (CBC) also that I will be interested in learning about...

I really am now afraid.  I don't want to screw my health up any more.. I KNOW a raw food diet will help me so much. I also have major aches and pains and think I may have Fibromyalgia.  I have read allot about it and my pain seems to be very simular.. especially pain in my upper arms and upper legs.

Other things I am dealing with are sinus infections.. I can hardly breathe out of the left side of my nose.  I also have headaches every once in a while and zero energy or drive in my life.  I just feel blah most of the time.

More than anything in my life, more than any desire or need I have, I WANT this excess fat off my body. 

I do know that last time I attempted this I got way too tied up in "Gourmet" raw and just felt overwhelmed.. I am not going to be that hard on myself this time.  I was afraid that DH would need all these fancy meals and yes.. he might want more elaborate things from time to time.. I am sure I will too but I am not going to put myself under so damn much pressure this time.

I can have meals like that a couple nights a week but most of the time eat huge salads for dinner.. It's the hottest time of the year here so I know it will "feel" good for a while with all the high water veggies and fruits!

I do want to be careful with eating tons of fruit.. especially the high sugar ones like grapes and bananas.  I will stick to apples and pears and berries mostly.. at first at least.

I know that ANY weight loss at all will help my blood pressure.  I don't want to go on drugs.. actually that's not totally correct.. I WILL NOT go on drugs.. period.

I am going to order the stuff to make DH a raw granola he can have for breakfasts from time to time with almond milk.. I will stick to low GI fruit in the AM. 

I am going to STRIVE for 100% Raw on most days but not kick myself if I eat cooked from time to time.  I also know that many Raw foodists are not really totally 100% raw and many of them are not even Vegan 100% of the time.. a couple of biggies that are no longer totally Vegan I have recently read about lately so I know it's ok to not put freaking labels or huge demands on yourself - some eat raw eggs.. some eat raw seafood, as in civiche.. which I WILL for sure be making from time to time. 

Being so hardcore in my beliefs and trying to stick to a label has been one of my problems in the past.. being so "all or nothing".. if I can't do it 100% I would give up in the past.  I am not doing that this time.

I ordered a few supplies (mostly truly raw nuts and seeds) from Natural Zing..


I love them!  They have good, competitive prices.  I used to make this homemade granola style cereal for DH and he would pour almond milk (fresh that I would make with sprouted almonds.. yum!) over it.  I got the ingredients for it again too.  I will post about it when I make a batch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment