Saturday, April 20, 2013

Fruit.. Hummm?


I am concerned (like many people going to high raw) about eating too much fruit.  (I used to be borderline diabetic but was on low carb for several months and don't think I am anymore but I have not tested in a year).

I think I ate too much fruit yesterday.. I had three bananas just for breakfast.. then mango and half a HUGE papaya.  I wish I knew for sure that the sugar in fruit is not good for me but I am going to try to eat less sweet fruit on a daily basis.. I bought lots of greens yesterday so I am all set!


FOOD YESTERDAY:
I had fruit all day till lunch then I had two large crackers with avo, red onion, tomato and capers (for the crackers I used my new recipe for raw dehydrated red bell pepper ones)! :
 (this is my own recipe.. I worked on getting it just right.  If you post it please give me credit).

Red Bell Pepper Raw Crackers

red, yellow and orange bell peppers (one each or a combo)
about 15 grape tomato
half a FL Avocado(or one Haas)
Tomatoes (about 15 grape.. I am going to use sundried next time)
lemon juice  from one lemon
1 C flax seeds (I'm trying 2/3 C  it was a tiny bit bitter)
and sunflower seeds.. 1 C
nutritional yeast about 2 T
salt and cayenne.. 

I put the veggies, avo and lemon juice in the food processor and blended.. then I added 1 Cup each of flax and sunflower seeds and nutritional yeast and a little salt (I love Sunfire Salt!) and cayenne.. 

They turned out great!   
I wanted to note that the salt you add ends up tasting like TWICE the salt you actually added when you dehydrate it.. So just keep that in mind.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were really good.. I made them so I can have my favorite raw food dinner, I spread them with smashed avo, then add red onion, tomato and capers for an open face “cracker sandwich”…

I had two large crackers with this on it for lunch. It's so good.  

Then I think I had more fruit.. mango maybe.. I think I just am eating too much fruit.  I really enjoy it but I am pretty sure it’s just because it’s sweet not because I need it.. nutrition wise.. I NEED greens I am sure.   

Dinner was two HUGE bowls of raw apricot granola from Natural Zing with almond/coconut milk (not raw.. Almond Breeze brand from Netrition.com) and I pigged out on it.. I KNOW so far I have actually still been losing weight even eating what I think is too much at night because I am so low cal the rest of the day from all the raw fruits and veggies.. I KNOW many people who go raw have to pig out on nuts and seeds and sprouted grains and dehydrated stuff in the beginning to feel full.. the transition is very hard otherwise.

Yesterday I was watching my RAW for life DVD and one of the Dr’s talked about how diabetes is also caused by the pancreas not getting enough minerals that it used more minerals than any other organ in our body.. wow. I KNOW my year on low carb depleted minerals from my body.  I even had a fainting episode because of loss of electrolytes (minerals).

PLAN FOR TODAY.

I plan on fasting with water until I am really hungry later today and then having a green smoothie or green juice..  I will use only an apple or two in my juice/smoothie.   

For dinner today I am making Avocado / Pineapple Gazpacho and I am sure it will be great with my red bell pepper crackers!  I love that my hubs is eating raw too.. he's no where near High Raw but he will eat what I make for sure.  

DEtox yet?
 Yesterday I woke feeling fine and did fine until nighttime…when nighttime rolled around I got a headache and my sinus got stuffy and I just felt like crap again.  I have been getting over a bad cold and I think it was just the nature of a bad cold.. at night it gets worse.. I have no idea which it is going on really!  Maybe I’ve already started detox because I AM high raw even though about 40% of it is dehydrated raw..
I am excited and encouraged.  Yeah!  I am one of those crazy people who is fascinated by Detox!

Lastly!
I made an attempt at my first raw wraps yesterday!  I decided on onion/green apple.  (for lunch wraps).. they green apple is not really sweet.. just counteracts the onion a bit and the pectin makes for a nice wrap.  I just turned them over and I am excited as they look like they turned out.. I just have to be careful not to over dehydrate them now.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment