Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Back home..

after a visit with my mother and sister.  They both have illnesses they are dealing with (mom MS and sis Crohn's disease).  It was a hard time.. my sis had to go to the ER.  I was so glad I was there.  I did exceptionally well diet wise while I was there.

I stayed high raw and totally Vegan..  In the past I would have given into the sadness and fear I feel about my sister and used it as an excuse to shove food in my face.


I didn't.  If anything seeing her deal with this horrid disease strengthened my resolve to do everything I can for my health.
 
I cooked dinner for everyone one night and made a HUGE amazing salad to go with that I ate.  I did have cooked kidney beans and beets in the salad.. I love that combo so much and don't know that I will ever give it up.. I love garbanzo also but in the future I am going to see about soaking/sprouting those babies.. will see.

I am slowly changing.. one thing interesting is I have stopped coffee.  I used to be such a coffee fiend.. like most people... I even had over 14 different Davinci flavors I had collected to use in our coffee.. I would always bring my DH a cup in bed in the AM to get him to wake up.. it was a ritual.. I still do that for him but I have hot lemon water as mine.. it's strange about the coffee... I just don’t crave it right now.. my body is getting more juicey! 

I KNOW I was totally dehydrated on low carb.  I had a hard time wearing my contacts because my eyes were constantly dry.  I could never do anything or go anywhere without constant water with me.  I had glasses of water everywhere in the house.. and bottles in the car.  My poor body really was  dehydrated!   

Normally when I would grocery shop I would buy two bottles of cold water.. drink one and a half while I was shopping and the rest on the way home.. my mouth was constantly dry.  

The other day I actually went to the store.. did all my shopping and when I was checking out I realized I had not got my usual bottles of water I HAVE to always have when I am shopping.. I was constantly thirsty for a year.. I know now it was low carb.. my body is starting to get refreshed and re-hydrated.  

I know now when I lose weight it will not fucking be water like it always was on low carb!  I am eating TONS of fruit.  I am eating as much as I want.. the only thing I think I might need to work on is not combing fruit and nuts within an hour of each other.. right now I am eating what I want as long as it’s raw.. I am taking a much less severe approach this time.. no longer worrying about or striving for perfection.

I realized I ate like 95% raw yesterday without even trying - I have Amy's organics vegan meals in the freezer for dinners when I want to eat cooked but I wanted a salad!..  I ate fruit and nuts all day until dinner and had a wonderful salad.. it was Avocado, shreadded carrot, beets, peas, fresh corn, heirloom tomato, two types of lettuce, kidney beans (yum.. not giving up beans!).  I used really amazing balsamic vinegar only as the dressing.. I love it!

I loved it and it was very filling!

I have to go back to the store today.. I am having to go more often and buying less produce at a time.. I find it goes bad too quick if I really stock up.  I need more fruit and tonight I am making my spiral zucchini/summer squash and raw marinara to go with it... it's not 100% raw as I add red wine to the sauce but it's really high raw!. 

I am adding in some leftover raw Italian cashew “cheese” I have been making.. it’s just pine nuts, cashews, Italian spices, lemon juice, raw garlic and nutritional yeast.. I love it.. I used to also add basil to it and dehydrated it to make “raw Parmesan”.. tonight I am going to just add a little to some of the sauce.  YUM!

I will weigh in tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment