Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blarg..


Well I had really bad diarrhea this morning (whatever, TMI?).. I think all the raw grains were not a good idea.  (had too much of this Raw grain cereal).  I am also having itching on my palms and fingers.  I wonder if this stuff is detox symptoms?


Today is a new day though.  I am very excited. 
Going to have lots of veggies and some fruits today. 

I have cherries and apples and peaches in the way of fruits. 

I will have veggies for dinner.. I have cucumber, avocado, onion, broccoli and red bell. I will have a huge salad for dinner with some hot tea.

Oh and I made the raw corn zucchini “bread” in the dehydrator I put in yesterday.. It's out this morning... I did this recipe:

Raw Corn Bread
1 c ground almonds
1 c ground sunflower seeds
1 c fresh corn cut off cob (used three ears)
2 fresh zucchini processed in food processor
1 t salt
2 T honey
2 Jalapeno (with seeds)


I chopped the almonds ahead of time in the food processor and then shredded the zucchini then cut the corn off the cobs and chopped the jalapeno seeds and all. Put it all in the food processor and blended.. it was pretty watery. I spread it on parchment. I made two different thicknesses. The ones that I did fairly thin (about 3” around and ¼ inch thick) dried fine and peeled off the parchment ok.. the ones that I tried to make thicker for “bread” didn’t peel off they just were too thick.

I really do need to invest in a new dehydrator though.. I could smell it as it was dehydrating and I am pretty sure that meant the bottom layer was "cooking"!

Also I need to start sprouting my seeds and nuts before using them.. at LEAST soaking them overnight.  I have to get a process down. 

This morning I had one of the crackers with avocado, tomato and onion on it and man it was GOOD!

The Original recipe was for a corn bread.. I added the zucchini myself.  Original recipe from here: http://www.lovingsuperfoods.com/blog/raw-recipes/raw-corn-bread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s 12:30 and I am doing very good. Just made myself a green drink with powder and water.. It's not bad.. just drinking it with ice like I could water.

I found a post I really like that goes into alot about the Raw food movement right now.. :
http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/forum/showthread.php?t=6444

It's a real eye opener.  I think everyone should read it, REALLY.

I like what she says about reading some of the original authors of the movement:

"I would highly encourage newbies to go to check for more original works, books by Bernard Jensen, Norman Walker, Dr. Ann Wigmore, Harvey & Marilyn Diamond (Fit For Life I and II), J.H. Tilden (Toxemia Explained), Herbert Shelton, Viktoras Kulvinskas, Edward Howell and more. Read the primary sources and form your own opinions, don't rely on the opinions and interpretations of others. "


I have read lots about Ann Wigmore, actually her teachings are what really got me into Raw.  I want to get more into sprouts.

My type of personality tends to get overwhelming when anything new is brought into my life.. I am so black or white.. all or nothing.  I really want to approach Raw in a more gentle way this coming to HIGH Raw.. not 100% right off.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment