Sunday, April 10, 2016

Yuck! Broccoli Sprouts , a NSV and Raw Nori Rolls

I had struggled for a couple of days but yesterday was one PERFECT day. 
Bunches of perfectly ripe honeydew melon (my very favorite fruit when perfectly ripe in season) and luscious papaya.. and a couple of banana until dinner.
Dinner was SO GOOD!!! 
I made raw nori rolls and shredded a jicima for my rice (be sure to press out excess water from shredded jicima, I used a tea towel)  I made 4 rolls and used an entire very large jicima for my rice.  I added avocado, red and orange bell pepper, green onion, seeded zuchinni slices, shredded carrot and baby mixed greens.  I served Raw kimchee on the side.
I had ordered some real, premium wasabi and it's such a treat!  I want to learn to make my own pickled ginger but in the mean time I am using pickled ginger from "The Ginger People" from Whole Foods and it's good quality, not loaded which any chemicals.
I think one way I can be more successful  eating high Raw is by making things that lend themselves to more Raw veggies that I used to love to make.. like Summer Rolls and Nori and Pad Thai.  I just make substitutions where I can (like Raw jicima rice) and don't worry if it's not 100% Raw..  like for instance the rice noodles in Summer rolls.  I find myself stuffing them with tons of veggies and fresh herbs and using much less rice noodles anyway but not being militant about it is KEY for me.
WEIGHTLOSS MOJO!
I had really let my momentum start to slide but I am working on getting my weight loss MOJO back up and running..  it's always hardest the first few days.  I have got to quit with the self sabotage.
A couple of days ago I went to the grocery store for my normal shopping and bought a few Vegan micro meals.  One a new brown rice and nut "meat" taco meal I had never seen (amazing by the way).. I was so excited to try it I over ate it at lunch and that set me off..  I ended up eating cooked Vegan the rest of the day.
Also wanted to report that sprouted broccoli seeds are yuck!  I started them 3 days ago and loved watching them sprout... I had high hopes and they were fine at first tastr, sort of taste like broccoli but have a bitter..sour after taste and I was careful to rince often so they had definitely not turned bad.
NSV!!!
Well I have a non scale VICTORY!
Yesterday i pulled an old, hardly ever worn (was really seriously too tight when i bought it but so cute and WAY on sale)
It's a sheer little flouncy over shirt that I bought in st. Augustine several years ago. It has never fit. It is gorgeous with shaes of greens amd blues on a white see thru background.  I wore a black tight cami underneath it. 
Today I actually got it on and it fit absolutely perfect! If I was two pounds  heavier it would be too tight. I was so happy it made me smile.
It's really cute and very flattering on.
Yeah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment