Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I'm On a Roll!

OMG isn't this hilarious!!?  I want all these fruits.

I have so much to write about! 

I noticed this morning on my walk, (that's right I started walking! It has been weeks and weeks since I have done any exercise. Today is day 2 of walking), anyway I noticed on my walk this morning that things seem to have started to coming together a little for me..  

Like for instance DH and I are going to Miami in a couple of weeks and I want to do a lot of walking on South Beach one day.  There is also a beautiful Botanical Garden we are going to go to and spend allot of time walking.  There is also The Coconut Grove Organic Farmer's Market!!!

I have been wanting to go here for a couple of years!  It's a Raw Foodist Extravaganza with lots of different types of tropical fruits and a couple of pretty famous Miami Raw food companies have tents here.  I love JakFruit (above).  It's the fruit that "Juicy Fruit" gum was based on I can't wait!!!

So I decided I need to start walking now so I have at least built up a little stamina in a couple of weeks.  It is the excitement about Miami that has really spurred me to start walking. 

It is amazing how incredibly out of shape I am. I walked about a mile yesterday and I had to pretty much sit on my ass the rest of the day. My feet hurt, my back hurt and  my sciatic nerve pain down the front of my thighs started acting up. In the past that would have really saddened me because it's very scary to me when that happens. Normally I would have been so depressed and said to myself "Oh great all I've done is hurt myself" but I am so excited about Miami and getting out and about and walking and enjoying ourselves that's my mind didn't even go there. 

I think Raw food is really also helping my mental depression which needs to be an entire other post!... but I will say that I have to desire to move.. and to be outside occasionally and the last couple of days I actually went outside the last few days and laid in the sun and was surprised how glorious it felt.  The heat on my body felt so indulgent to me.

REWARDS:
Having something to look forward to really helps me and DH and I were this morning talking about last time we went to Sanibel Island how we saw absolutely everybody out riding around on a bike. The entire Island was full of hundreds of people riding bikes. We commented to each other then that we really have got to get our bikes out, air up the tires and get back on them and get some exercise. 

He said this morning we will do that soon and plan another trip to Sanibel! So there there is another thing worth looking forward to and I am so excited.

WEIGHT; I am out of the 230#'s forever!!  

RE: MY WALKING, I have been loading podcasts on my little iPod Shuffle and listening to them the last two days on my walk.  I found a couple of raw foodists that I really like and I've been listening to them.  I am excited to have found them.

FOOD lately:
I have been doing mostly fruit till dinner.. a couple of raw dinners and a couple of cooked Vegan meals.  I have been eating beans a couple of times a week at lunch time when I need something a little more satiating.

Last night I made pumpkin seed and sunflower seed pate and made collard wraps with lots of raw veggies.. it was so yum!  a few nights ago I made Nori rolls with avocado and lots of veggies and I bought some pickled ginger from "The Ginger People" at Whole Foods and had some good Wasabi paste that DH's brother sent us from Japan.  I think that was my favorite meal in just about forever!  I am absolutely making that more often.. and also Summer rolls.. even though the celephane noodles are cooked it's such a great way to get tons of raw veg!

So I am feeling very well.. happy even!

No comments:

Post a Comment