Saturday, June 13, 2015

Another Juice Feast... Day One~

Last month I did a 12 day juice fast. I'm starting another one today.

I am shooting for 10 days this time as I have family i will be visiting at the end of the month. I am excited and encouraged.

I had raw fruit and nuts only yesterday so I sort of got a little jump on my detox. I am really looking forward to this. I feel like I'm giving myself such a loving thing..

Last night when I ate the nuts I had originally only planned on raw fruit all day but my hunger got the best of me. When I was eating them I told myself to honor the fact it was the last time for a couple weeks..

 I told myself yes it would be hard but when it gets hard remind myself how amazing I feel every morning on my juice fast... And to remember how that happens.. it's hard at night but my hunger resets each AM, it's like a switch is flipped and I feel amazing and very proud.

 The mornings and thru most of the day is fairly easy and I need to just push thru at night.

Remembering that I am renewed with motivation every single morning makes a huge difference and my last juice fast was really not difficult after day four... until day 12 when my hunger came back in a big way.

 I am doing a group of smaller fasts going for as many days in total that I can through September. The heat here (Orlando) really makes juicing and eating raw foods very doable.

 JUICES TODAY: Fresh squeezed ruby grapefruit, lemon and orange.. lots for breakfast Evolution Juices* Organic V and Green Devotion.


*I believe fresh juice I made myself is the very best way to go but I was out running errands half the day and the Evolution juices I believe are very good in a pinch because they are supposed to still maintain the majority of their enzymes as they are pressure "pasturized" instead of heat pasturized. I have read that Suja uses this process as well. I still want to do research on this process. Tonight I'm having tart cherry juice in lime Perrier. YUM! If I still feel like I need something I will have a hot herbal tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment