Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Juice Fast Days 3 & 4

I'm doing well..  day two was a REAL struggle when evening came in.  I was fighting myself about the juice at dinner.  I told myself I was tired of juice and nothing sounded good and I threw a little temper tantrum.

I have binge eating issues... and well disordered eating in general.  I'm obsessive about food and have an over exaggerated love of it.  The juice fasts I'm doing for many reasons one of which is to hopefully release my desire for crap food.

 I know its been my experience that during the juice fasts after I get a few days on and thru my food tantrums and detox I tend to start to feel like more healthy food is what I want and need.  I always have no proplem wanting healthy foods although after my last juice fast I ate too much of even the healthy stuff and had pain fromovereatong too soon.  I will definately watch the transition better this time.

THE JUICES.. well I've had several bottled Suja and Evolution juices for the first time on my fasts.  I like the convenience of them but will have to watch it with them.  there is no reason to have them every day as I work from home and just need to make sure to MAKE MY JUICES instead of traipsing to the kitchen and grabbing a bottled one.  I had two bottled ones yesterday.

DETOX SYMPTOMS:  One my last juice fast last month I started having lots of itching.  I bought a great body brush withlottle rubber massage bumps.  I really look forward to using it.  I'm itching again already and need to do it everyday really!  I'm also having the occasional sinus ache.  its been my very first detox symptom since day 1.

WEIGHTLOSS:  Today is early on the beginning of day 5 and I'm down 8 pounds.

I'VE LEARNED:  I really take lots of mental prep work in the beginning of the fasts.  the first few days are self imposed torture to me.  The very first day I tend to write all kinds of motivational stuff to read when I know the inevidable struggle comes up..usually days 2-3-4 and It helps. 
Last night I just pretty much told myself to shut up with the mental bitching and constant chatter (I do great until early evening and then its 6 hours of struggle)
 Stop the foolishness and just deal with the fact I'm doing this.  (I feel like saying "deal with the fact we're doing this because OMG I swear I have a spoiled, entitled temper tantrum throwing teenage foodie stuck in my brain with me!)!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment