Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Been Too Long...

I have been struggling so much the last few months.  This AM I am up to 238 pounds.. I have not weighed this much in years.

I am feeling drawn back to eating more raw fruits and veggies again. 

In the past I put too much pressure on myself to be 100% Raw and it lead to an all or nothing attitude and I just couldn't handle the pressure I put on myself. 

I realize now that every damn raw veggie or fruit or nut/seed I put in my body is good.. much better than the food lifestyle I have been leading the last 6 months. 

I am not going to push to be extremely high raw right now.. at least not yet, I just want to eat lots of high volume raw salads and more cooked vegan even.  I am not vegan nor even veggie and don't plan on ever being such.  I believe I need meat in my diet I just have to focus on eating much more healthy and MUCH more Raw. 

I am going to a Thai restaurant tonight and am planning on the Thai green papaya salad.. it's all raw and also I will get the Summer rolls..  cooked shrimp but nice raw veggies included too. 

I am going to be much more realistic. 

This morning I woke up dreaming of this spiralized zucchini/yellow squash spaghetti I used to do on raw... it had a wonderful spicy red sauce on it and I loved it and thought.. that would be good on any damn diet.  So I am planning on that soon.

I am also craving green smoothies.  My poor body and my health has been really neglected lately.  That's changing. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you.
    I started my raw journey for about a week and I feel great so far! I totally understand the benefits of raw vegan food, but it is not practical for me to be 100% raw for many reasons.
    I think there are so many benefits for whole cooked food too, just listen to our bodies and eat what we feel like eating is the best approach!

    Much Love,
    tiffanykeepgoing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete