Tuesday, October 13, 2020

STARTING ANOTHER JUICE DETOX


 147/77 PB and 234.8 pounds

I've done several juice fasts over the last year and have forgotten to post them in my little high raw blog!  I will make sure to get this one down here.  

Our AC has gone out (should have it fixed in a couple of days) but I live in Orlando and it's 98 degrees out and 95% humidity and my body is not dealing. I am having problems with getting crazy overheated,, that causes really bad headaches and extremely high blood pressure because I am fat.. unless I spend every minute in our bedroom (which thank goodness for our little hurricane supplies AC unit, stays at 70 deg) I get so overheated, then bad headaches and dangerously high BP (168/90 was yesterday) I am also having jaw pain from TMJ.. I think just from stress of freaking covid, isolation in general and the AC going out ($$$$$).. 

I am starting a juice fast tomorrow and need to remind myself a juice fast is like a triple whammy gift of health.. weight loss AND freeing up vital energy (digestion takes a minimum of 60% of your vital energy that could be used to deal with issues your body needs to work on) and flooding your body with so much nutrition without it having to work hard for it is like a miracle.. also it will cool my inner temp and lower by blood pressure naturally. 

Juicing can be expensive but my heath is my wealth.. I am investing in it!!! 

So I will record my fast here.. I am not putting a limit on it.. I have done short 2-3 day fasts and my longest one was 16 days but I have done probably 15 or so juice fasts (feasts really because when I am hungry I just drink more juice).  I am also drinking bottled juice which is not as great as fresh (doing fresh too) but our local grocer is not having the best fruit and not in abundance for sure.. you would think Orlando FL would not be dealing with a fresh produce shortage but Covid is certainly causing a lack of it.  I juice what I can and supplement with organic bottled juice.  It is what it is.. 

Day One Juice Fast

I plan for this fast to have hot tea and / or LaCroix until I get hungry (usually around 11-12).


<-- Today my first juice was these two..  This Natalie's is citrus and I love it.. I also feel like I am fighting something off so I bought a couple of these Suja Immunity Shots.. they are so good.. they are ginger tumeric.. I can do ginger in my juicer but tumeric is so resinous it really gums up my juicer so I only cook with it and take it as a supplement.. 

NEXT juice was Celery, lime, carrot, pineapple juice at 1pm

THEN around 3pm I made Grape, celery, orange (I am using organic bottled OJ because not citrus season)






AT 4PM I STARTED eating grapes.. and then decided to have an Amy's organic meal.  I considered just calling it quits but decided that is my self defeating thinking and many people do raw till 4 and even if that is all I do this time around it's still fantastic.  This helped me save my detox attempts and I am considering just doing juicing till 4 and having a vegan meal or two for the rest of the day... we will see.

JUICE FAST DAY TWO

This AM I woke determined.  I am so glad I didn't give in to self defeating thinking and just pig out yesterday.. I am actually down .4 pounds even with having lots of grapes and an Amy's organic (and saltines with peanut butter later).  I am going to let this juice detox be more of a free form situation.. I would obviously like to do strict juice for an extended period of time but if I end up having a vegan meal at night I am ok with that too..  I AM CALLING THIS A JUICE DETOX NOT A JUICE FAST so as to not be misleading.  

Life has been so stressful lately.  Covid is one thing that the entire world is dealing with.  I can't really do any better at being cautious than we already are.  We both can work from home most days and I actually have been using instacart for months.  We had not been out of the house in months whatsoever until 2 weeks ago.  

My parents are moving to another state and my mother deals with chronic pain and my husband and I decided to rent an RV to keep her as comfortable as possible on her move.  It was a wonderful time with her.  I will cherish that trip forever I know.  

The trip back for us was BAD!  We had bad storms and constant delays and hubs actually hit one of those rubber barrels in the highway and also backed into a rain gutter (crunch sounded much worse than it was). I realize now I must have been clenching my jaw thru the return trip (there was so much play in the steering the damned RV was all over the road) because I am now dealing with a bad TMJ flareup.. it's excruciating and I was so sure I had an abscess that yesterday I went to the dentist to find out.

The fact that my parents are moving away is so hard.  I know it's best for them, they will be close to my sis, who is a nurse and they will get some nice cooler weather.. the FL heat is so hard on my mother who has MS.  I am having a hard time dealing with the move emotionally though.  

So now that we are home I need grounding and some self love and care.  The juicing will also give my poor clenched jaw some relief and anyone that deals with TMJ knows it can get BAD.

Juice today:


Hot tea first thing.  Today I had Tea Forte Sweet Orange Spice with a bit of Valencia Orange Sweetleaf Stevia drops.


Then I had both Passionfruit and Peach/pear Lacroix.. I like to mix these two and have a huge tumbler full...












I also have this tart cherry juice actually almost every day for it's anti inflammatory properties.. (I also order tart Montmorency cherries from Brownwood Acres to eat most days but as I am working on juicing I won't eat those today)

No comments:

Post a Comment